Trail Discovery for Kids: Lower Magruder Trail
Magruder Stream Valley Park
- 3.2 mile out-and-back hike.
- The trailhead is at the parking lot on Log House Road to its turn around at Watkins Road.
- Mostly level with one rise above the stream valley near the turn-around.
- Follow blue blazes.
- Jogging stroller passable.
- Link to the trail map.
- 5+ years old
What is fun for kids?
- Multiple places to access the stream for water play.
- Vernal pools in the flood plain where many tadpoles can be found during spring.
- Spring flowers to photograph.
- Multiple, large stags (down trees) where kids can test their gross motor skills.
- No restrooms or trash cans available (pack-in, pack-out).
- Multi-use trail – may encounter mountain bikers and horseback riders.